HAND FOOT MOUTH DISEASE (HFMD)
- Hand foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is typically a benign and common illness among children and infants characterized by rapidly ulcerating vesicles in the mouth and lesions, usually vesicular, on the hands and feet.1 HFMD is an endemic disease in Malaysia. HFMD has become an important public health disease due to its tendency to cause large outbreaks and deaths among children and infants.
-The spread of illnesses and infections are common on kindergartens, nurseries and primary schools are common because children’s immune systems are still developing hence it is easy for small children to contract infections or fall ill. -When a child falls sick from an infection it is highly inconvenient for the parent as they need to find a trusted person to take care of the sick child or take leave from work to take care of the child. On top of that if a school has an outbreak of hand foot mouth disease the school will be closed for several days create more inconvenience for parents. We at Bactakleen understand the difficulty in teaching children about hygiene so the best way forward is to create a safe and hygienic environment for them.
- Hand foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is caused by systemic infections with human enteroviruses. Human enteroviruses comprise one genus in the family Picornaviridae, which also contains the genera rhinovirus, cardiovirus, aphthovirus, hepatovirus and parechovirus. The members of the enterovirus genus that infect humans include the polioviruses, the Coxsackie virus groups A and B, the echoviruses and the enteroviruses 68-71.2
- Hand foot and mouth disease (HFMD) is moderately contagious. Infection is spread from person to person by direct contact with nose and throat discharges, saliva, fluid from blisters, or the stool of infected persons. A person is most contagious during the first week of the illness.
Info from Ministry of Health
- Bactakleen provides a safe and effective treatment solution for the HFMD problem. Bactakleen’s Ultra Mist system works to safely and effectively kill air borne viruses, bacteria and fungus spores in air conditioning systems, HVAC and ventilation systems. Bactakleen’s Ultra Mist treatment is coupled with Bactakleen’s Bactashield to kill bacteria and viruses on contact surfaces such as toilet seats, door handles and table tops thus reducing cross contamination.
COMMON BACTERIA FOUND
Here are the 3 most common types of bacteria found in public:
STAPHYLOCOCCUS AUREUS - Found on human skin & up the nose. Some can cause food poisoning or major wound infections.
ESCHERICHIA COLI - Unpleasantly, the presence of this in food and water is used as an indicator of faecal contamination.
PSEUDOMONAS AERUGINOSA - Widely distributed in soil, water & plants. Can cause infections of the skin, external ear canal & eye.
TYPES OF BACTERIA & GERM INFECTIONS
The results of contact with the 3 main bacteria can be the following:
- Respiratory infections
- Food poisoning
- Nausea and migraines
- Eye and skin infection
IN THE NEWS (HFMD CASES IN SCHOOL)
MINISTRY OF HEALTH
LAB TESTED BY SGS, TUV & CHEMLAB
PRODUCT LIABILITY INSURANCE BY ALLIANZ
COMPARISON WITH OTHER SANITIZING PRODUCTS
Bactakleen Ultra Mist
- Non toxic.
- US FDA and Malaysian Ministry of Health approved.
- Pleasant post treatment scent.
- Natural ingredients .
- SGS, TUV and Chemsil tested.
- International product liability insurance.
- No oily residue post treatment.
- Kills 99.99999% bacteria and fungus.
- High efficacy rate .
- Each treatment effect last up to 3 months.
- Bactakleen provides many other supporting anti
bacteria products to suit other applications.
- Developed with scientific approach in collaboration
with medical advisors.
- Ingredients are not disclosed (potentially toxic).
- Excessively oily post treatment.
- Heavy chemical smell post treatment.
- Chemical based ingredients.
- No US FDA approval.
- Low Efficacy rate.
- No longevity test to prove durability of treatment.
- Some use perfume to mask chemical smell.
- Only sold locally.
- Only 1 product with no science or technical
knowledge to support the product.
- Takes simple fogging machine and add chemicals
with some anti-bacterial effect.